WWSCC Report – Still need looking for a President and Vice President. Anyone interested please speak with Susan Collicot. February 13th, February 27th and early March are tentative dates for the Slush series. The rules’ meeting is coming up, but the actual date has not been finalized. Susan will post something once it has been finalized.
Equipment Report – Neither Kevin nor Tom are here to inform of us the status of the Solo Bus tires. Steve Roberts is still taking care of the timing lights. They will be ordered before Thanksgiving. Jodi Fordahl volunteered to purchase the five-mile radios before the last event, but she forgot. Mike Leuty reminded us that Karen Babb has the region’s blower.
Gigi’s tent at BMP – The tent is currently is very bad shape. It is going to cost a couple thousand dollars to upgrade the condition. Based on the relationship with this caterer, BSCC has decided to donate $300 to help out. A discussion was held regarding whether SCCA wanted to make an additional donation. Although the group was not super impressed with the food being served by this company, the tent does come in handy for Novice School, and National Tour, etc. Because of this a motion was made to donate $200 to the cause provided we receive a verbal commitment that they will actually do something to fix it. A vote was taken and the motion was passed.
April 3rd - ??
April 24th – Yakima
May 14 & 15 – BMP
May 29 - BMP
June 18 & 19 – Packwood
July 23 & 24 – National Tour Packwood
August 6 & 7 – BMP?
September 4 – BMP
September 24 & 25 – Packwood
October 16 – BMP
Washington State Challenge – Scott West and Mitch Lewis have been trying to coordinate a special event and want to throw the idea out there to see how the community feels about running a state championship that will encourage a stronger interaction between the NW autocross clubs and participants. This gives NW competitors a chance to compete at different sites and against new competitors. This challenge would be similar to a “slush series” but held during the summer time period. They would like to see these events run in conjunction with other local events in the separate regions. Although the events will be held simultaneously, the points would be completely separate from the local events. They would like to see the series developed with a separate committee of people, and are actively seeking volunteers to help develop the program, since NWR SCCA would basically be the camel that holds the program together. Scott can be reached at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out, please let him know.
2005 Supplemental rules change proposals.
1. Timing Equipment and Financial Penalties - Please see attached copies for details regarding each proposed rule
This is a new rule that was created to help emphasis the fact that there will be a penalty if a competitor hits the timing lights. There has been clarification regarding the timing cables and how they are included in this penalty. A suggestion was made that if we are going to add the cables into this situation we need to do a much better job of clarifying exactly where the cables are actually located. An amendment was made to approve the rule as written but change the $150 fine to $50. A second motion was also made to charge $100. The $100 amendment was voted on and approved. The rule will stand as written with the penalty charged to $100.
2. Proposed Rule: No more than two drivers may drive the same car in any single run group, except in the event of a mechanical DNF after the run group has begun. The run groups will be structured so that the corresponding Open and Ladies classes will not compete in the same run group.- i.e. Stock 1 and Stock 1 Ladies will not run in the same group. A discussion was held and it was decided that the following sentence should be added. It is the competitor’s responsibility to notify the Chief of Workers prior to the end of registration of if a conflict is possible.
3. Proposed Rule: Creation of Nonstock 4 (NS4) The class would consist of STS2, STX & STU. The rule was voted on and
4. Proposed Rule: Awards. Wording revision to current section 20. A vote was taken and the rule was passed.
5. Proposed Rule: STS2 and STX cars run with the Stock Pax half of the day. Reference section 16 in current supplements. This rule has been suspended until the December meeting to allow Alan the opportunity to present the paperwork in the proper format.
6. Section 4: Passengers. It was proposed that we go back to our original ruling that does NOT allow passengers to ride with anyone unless they are a student riding with an instructor, or an instructor riding with a student during an instructional run. It should also be noted that some Regions allow passengers in order to acquaint newcomers with the sport. A decision was made to table this rule until the December meeting.
7. Proposed Rule: Add section 25. A minimum of five minutes must have elapsed between runs for any car during Regional Championship Series events. This includes reruns or runs for another driver of the same car. A grid marshal will be specifically assigned to handle two-driver cars and will keep a time log to assure compliance with the five-minute minimum between runs. The time shall be measured from the time the car leaves the finish area of the course until the time it leaves the start time. A vote was taken and the rule has passed.
Norpac Convention - Will be held in Reno January 7th – 9th. Jerry Lamb is unable to attend this event. Karl Coleman will attend in his place. A motion was made and passed that the region will pick up the cost of his airplane fare, hotel costs, and registration of the event.
National Convention – Will be held in Topeka January 28th – 30th. Bud Bohrer will be attending in Jerry’s place. A motion was made and passed that the region will pick up the cost of his airplane fare hotel costs, and registration of the event.
NWR SCCA Region Banquet – Will be held on January 22nd.
2005 Specialty Chief Positions - Need volunteers for several of the positions. If you are interested in ANY positions other than Chief of Timing, Scoring or Chief of Workers, please contact Karl Coleman. A BIG thank you go out to Aaron Pailthorp and Steve Roberts for volunteering for Timing, Jodi Fordahl for volunteering for Scoring, Keith & Kristi Brown for Chief of Workers, and Shelbi Gill for Waivers.
Increased Fees for 2005 - Given the fact that several costs for 2005 have increased, such as sanction fees, BMP site fee, and insurance costs, it may be time to increase the cost of our event fees. A motion was made to increase the cost of running in a local event by $5.00 straight across the board. Before making a final decision the group would like to at least look at some additional data. A decision was made to table the decision until the next meeting.
Karl will be accepting nominations for Novice of the Year and Worker of the Year until the December meeting.
A final decision will be voted on at that time.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:25 p.m.