Meeting Minutes

10/12/99

 

Visitors:

Mike Lee, Noel Wade, Chris Grivas, Brian Norton

 

Board Report:

††††††††††††††† Tim Dutton is leaving as Editor of NWSCN.Linda Miklovik is the new Editor, so will no longer be Secretary of the Board.2 Directors at Large positions are available.A rally-cross was held on September 17th.Hot and dusty.Not as well attended.Rally-cross scheduled for October 17th was canceled.The SCCA Region Banquet is scheduled for January 22nd at the Holiday Inn Express in Renton.The cost is $27.50 per person.There is a high attendance minimum, so attendance is needed.Looking for raffle gifts.Fordahl Motorsports is a suggestion.Talk to Ron Bauer on raffle suggestions.NWSCN should be out anytime.NORPAC SCCA Roundtable in January.Region has traditionally donated a National Tour and Pro entry as a prize.Orin Oíneal is turning over the website administration to Ann Winslow.Solo requested to have members on banquet team.

 

Treasurers Report:

††††††††††††††† Net assets have not change much.Only outstanding expenses are trophies and other smaller items.Expenses for National Tour and Pro have been submitted to National office.Events 7 and 8 not accounted for yet.Getting better interest on CD accounts.

 

Equipment Report:

††††††††††††††† New ideas from Ron:PA and a trailer probably will be needed now that we will have to be more mobile.Peavey is an SCCA sponsor.They have been offering real support with PA equipment.Ron sees a need or a real PA.A generator would be useful.

††††††††††††††† Kimball:NW buses.Van based buses, with ramp.Suggested as an option for timing rig/hauler of equipment.They are priced around $6500 and up.

††††††††††††††† Karen:Cost of ownership is an issue, storage and such.

††††††††††††††† Group:Need to be able to cart around all event stuff.

††††††††††††††† Need a radio transmitter maybe.More powerful system is needed to make it hearable.

Glen:†††††† Need more things like saw horses to hold bunting and other things to support off home site events, which will become the norm.

 

Old Business:

††††††††††††††† Novice School:Sean:Went pretty well.Lotís of runs for the students.Low student/instructor ratio.All students paid ahead of time.

††††††††††††††† Event 5:Dave Bell:Big event.202 entrants.Karenís course.All went ok best everyone could remember being that long ago.

††††††††††††††† Mt. Home Divisional:††††††††† Fun.Small tight course.Great rally by organizers to re-locate event at last minute.No problems.Good party.Nice hotel and pool!

††††††††††††††† Event 6:Jodi:†††††† 155 entrants.Once again, event went well.Good dinner at brewery.With a lot of events potentially at Bremerton, Jodi wonít be chairing them all.Could pit on runway with how course was laid out.

††††††††††††††† Nationals:††††††††††††† 52 region members attended, 25 trophies, 6 champs.No new champs.

††††††††††††††† Pro Finale:†††††††††††† Several folks grabbed year-end national champ status, along with other trophy finishes.

††††††††††††††† Event 7:Mike Lee:††††††††††††† New chair.181 entrants.Got done early in morning. With regular afternoon finish around 5.Val thought the afternoon groups were not evenly filled.Some classes got shuffled.May need to look at group distribution.Had some folks sign up for second entry time only, but were refunded when found out it is not allowed.Lost a run group of timing cards in morning.Results to be published with audited posting sheets.Alan found a Home Depot employee white coat at site when leaving.

††††††††††††††† Coneheads Awards Banquet:††††††††††† Need a date: Most likely January with all the other conflicts.Have a Coneheads committee, and they are working on dates and a place.

 

New Business:

††††††††††††††† Event 8:Carol Leuty is the Chair:All chiefs ready.Need a safety steward:Craig Anderson to work with Mark McCooey.This could be the last event at Kent lot, so some new stuff.Proposed to do 4 runs.Colin says only 3 will fit in for software and year end results.Will have closed grid.Timer in grid to facilitate being able to do 4 runs.Random run line order, to help even out lines.Once run group starts, same order through out.

††††††††††††††† NWR general meeting:††††††† 4 of these a year, solo is doing theirs at event 8 at 12:30.Most likely just Solo due to conflicting events.No free giveaway stuff.Nominations for open positions on the region board are taken at this meeting.

††††††††††††††† Kent Lot:As most know, the Kent lot will be for sale and will not be available as of April 1, 2000.Noel Wade has a list of potential sites. Suggested to coordinate with WWSCC on a joint effort to work on new sites.There are 7 people from SCCA and 6 from WWSCC, so plenty of folks to help.Need to identify needs, and wants.Need a presentation for a constant look and joint front.Would be nice to have a salesperson or two to present the package.A video showing what an event is about.Shouldnít emphasize racing, more procedure and professionalism.Charity spin off would help.Possibly get news coverage to cover story of lot going away. Best we know, NWR SCCA in 30 years has had no insurance claims.Commit to figure out what do.

††††††††††††††† 2000 Series:†††††††††† Possible event number cut back.More than just site problem, so would like a reduced schedule to free up weekends.If nothing, free up out of town events.Maybe start season early, and get in a couple events earlier.Say 2 in March.Need to decide around January. What do we do scheduling-wise based on only knowing of a certain number of dates/sites are confirmed.We need to schedule based on other venues.Alan suggests having a joint SCCA/Bremerton event or WWSCC/SCCA.Even two events on same site could work.Need to look at being able to run in concrete barrier area.Wait for more info to decide on a reduced schedule and early events.

††††††††††††††† Year-end trophies:†††††††††††††† Need a jump on getting year-end awards.Need committee.Committee needs to pick early, apparel vs. standard trophies.Volunteers are asked for and committed.They are Gretchen Everett, Dave Bell, Carol Leuty, and Brian Norton.

††††††††††††††† 2000 NT and Pro:††††††††††††††††† Have one weekend at Bremerton 28-30th that we are working with BSCC to get.Might get weekend two weekends before.Might have to run Bremerton classes, or pay a fee.Site cannot be sublet. We have traditionally paid a site fee for the use of the site.Need to see if a Pro and NT can be done on the site.At this point get the dates, and then work on seeing if the site will work.Could be an issue having a Solo event at Bremerton in July with road racing trying to get the site then.Tabled until we see if the dates are available.

 

Good of order at 9:23

 

Ken Richens moving to Moses Lake, and the company that Ken works for is building a manufacturing plant at an old airforce base that has access to run way.Does the region want to have Kenny look into it.Agreed to have Kenny look into it.